Walt Disney World’s Epcot (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) theme park is renowned for its mixture of futuristic innovation and global cultural experiences. With such a selection of attractions and activities, planning your visit can feel overwhelming. Luckily, Disney offers a Fast Pass system called Genie+ that allows guests to skip the regular lines and enjoy priority access to select rides, shows, and character greetings. A question you might find yourself asking is, what should I fastpass at Epcot? So, in this blog post, we’ll guide you through the top Genie+ experiences at Epcot to help make the most of your visit.
Take a look at those in your party
If you look here you’ll see that our party is now made up of 2 adults and a toddler. But we’ve done plenty of adult only trips to the Disney parks as well. So we’ve combined both areas of this knowledge to share with you! If you’re not familiar with Disney’s Genie service to book fast passes +click the link below!
Those with Thrill Seekers
- Soarin’ Around the World. (40in / 102cm) : As one of Epcot’s most popular attractions, Soarin’ Around the World takes you on a breath taking virtual hang-gliding adventure across various iconic landmarks around the globe. The sensation of flying is enhanced by synchronized scents and gentle movements, making it an immersive experience. Securing a FastPass for Soarin’ Around the World guarantees you a spot in the shorter queue!
- Test Track (40in / 102cm) : If you’re seeking an adrenaline rush, Test Track should be high on your list. This exhilarating ride allows you to design your own virtual concept vehicle before embarking on a high-speed test drive. Prepare to feel the wind in your hair as you zoom through exhilarating curves and straightaways. If you struggle to get a Fastpass for this and the standby line is long, don’t panic! You can utilise the single rider line to avoid the long lines. Your party is likely to be split up and you won’t get to design your car but this is a good way to experience the ride with minimal waits!
- Mission: SPACE. (40in / 102cm) Embark on an intergalactic mission to Mars with Mission: SPACE, a realistic and intense space flight simulation. If you’re up for the challenge, securing a FastPass will help you bypass the queue. Choose between the Orange Team for a thrilling experience or the more gentle Green Team for a milder version suitable for those prone to motion sickness.
Suitable for those with Younger Children or the whole family (no Height Requirement)
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure! Join Remy and his friends as you explore the streets of Paris and find yourself in Remy’s kitchen! This trackless ride uses a combination of amazing scenery and 3D screens to make you feel part of the action!
- Frozen Ever After: Based on the film “Frozen,” this enchanting boat ride takes you through the kingdom of Arendelle. You’ll encounter Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and other memorable characters. The popularity of Frozen Ever After makes it an ideal choice for a FastPass, ensuring you can join the Frozen adventure with minimal waiting time. Experience the captivating story and delightful music while relishing the magic of Arendelle.
- Spaceship Earth: As the iconic centerpiece of Epcot, Spaceship Earth takes you on a time-traveling journey through the history of communication and human progress. This slow-moving dark ride offers a relaxing and informative experience. This makesit an ideal choice for families and those seeking a less intense attraction. While FastPasses are not always essential for Spaceship Earth, having one can save you time during busier periods. If you don’t want to use a fast pass on this ride, then avoid first thing as that is when you’ll experience long waits. Instead aim for early afternoon when most people have already entered the park and passed this attraction.
Exclusions to Genie+ selections
Guardians of the Galaxy – Cosmic Rewind ( 42in / 107cm ) One of our absolute favourite rides! This fully immersive rollercoaster is one of the newest and most popular rides in the park! It’s currently operating with no standby line. You can access a virtual queue for this ride at 7am and 1pm or you have the option to buy one of the individual lightening lanes passes if it’s a must ride for you!
What to do whilst waiting for your Genie+ selection
There’s plenty of things to see and do whilst waiting for your next Genie+ selection or your countdown to expire and book additional fastpasses. How about exploring World Showcase? It’s fascinating seeing the immersive themed pavilions. And if you’ve got young children in your party make sure you check out the Kidcot stations where a cast member will help them with an activity. The land pavilion is also worth a look where the ‘Living with the Land’ attraction is nice for an educational sit down enjoying the air-con. This attraction definitely deserves an honourable mention (it’s one of Jacks favourite attractions). Turtle Talk with Crush also offers a good break from the heat!
Also depending on the time of year you are visiting you may be able to visit the iconic Food and Wine festival! (Aug-Nov) But don’t worry if you can’t visit then, there are more and more festivals appearing year round and they’re all included with your park ticket! In recent years they’ve added the Festival of the Arts (Jan-Feb). International Flower & Garden Festival (May) and the Festival of the Holidays. (Nov/Dec)
What if Genie+ isn’t an option?
So Genie+ might not be suitable for everyone! This could be down to the extra cost or another reason. But don’t worry too much, there’s still hope of getting on the best attractions! The best strategy for riding the best rides without the long waits involves a little dedication and planning! If you’re staying at a Disney resort, take advantage of the early theme park entry to get the head start on other guests. If this isn’t an option then make sure you’re there for rope drop. Then head straight for your must do popular rides and leave the less popular attractions for later in the day!
Planning a visit to Epcot involves strategic decision-making to ensure you make the most of your time at the park. Its a great place to explore and possibly learn something new! There’s world class roller coasters and utilizing the Genie+ system is one of the best ways to minimize wait times and maximize your enjoyment to enjoy the parks major attractions. By choosing your Genie+ selections wisely, you can make unforgettable memories while exploring the wonders of Epcot. So now instead of asking what should I fastpass at Epcot? You’ll have a little knowledge to help you make the best decision for your party!